Underground Construction Laborer
Responsible for installation of underground cable (coax and fiber) throughout the MCTV external plant.
|Reports to||Plant Engineering Manager|
|Hours||M-F 7am-4pm, some evening/weekend|
|Salary||based on experience|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, the Underground Construction Laborer has primary responsibility for:
- Operate and maintain equipment used in underground construction
- Work outdoors in all weather and environmental conditions
- Communicate with and assist the Underground Construction team to accomplish goals/tasks
- Use power and hand tools to accomplish tasks
- Operate company owned vehicle legally, properly and safely
- Use basic hand tools such as screw driver, wrench, pliers, etc.
- Use basic power tools such as drill, etc.
- Will work in any/all weather conditions
- Will work outdoors in all types of weather and environments
- Experience with working outdoors in a physical capacity
- Must be able to handle extreme hot and cold weather conditions
- Ability to communicate well with others to complete tasks
- Ability to multitask
- Valid driver's license
- Must have or be willing to obtain Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 100 lbs
- Experience with boring/digging/excavating construction equipment a plus
Diverse Workforce / EEO
MCTV recognizes and strongly supports the benefits of a diverse workforce, and strives to provide a culture that recognizes the unique contributions of each of our employees. MCTV requires a drug test, background check, employment and education verification as conditions of employment. MCTV is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, and the presence of a non-job related handicap or disability, or any other legally protected status.