Read through our TV FAQs for help troubleshooting common issues. If you do not find the information you need to resolve your problem, please contact MCTV for additional support.
What are the benefits of a set-top box over using my TV's built-in QAM tuner?
With a QAM tuner, you can view SD and HD channels on the Lifeline lineup and SD channels on the Basic lineup. You will also have to learn a new lineup and may have to periodically perform a re-scan to pick up new channels or find channels when they are realigned.
A set-top box allows you to:
- View all channels and packages. With an HD set-top box, you can receive all HD channels included in your cable TV package.
- Add Basic Plus or HD Essentials, sports packages and premium channels.
- Have access to On Demand content including movies, TV shows, events and more. There is a charge for some On Demand content but there is also plenty of free content.
- Purchase pay-per-view events and specials.
- Take advantage of parental controls and the on-screen program guide. The on-screen program guide will show you what’s currently on and information for shows up to two weeks in advance (depends on the set-top box model).
- DVR boxes are available to allow you to pause and rewind live TV and record you favorite TV series with the click of a button.
Do you offer high definition (HD) channels?
Yes, more than 100 channels are available in HD from MCTV. To see what HD channels are available with your package, view our channel lineup.
My TV isn't working. What should I do?
Before calling our office, try to determine whether the issue is with your TV or with your cable TV service by checking to see if the issue is on all TV sets in your office or just one. You can also try checking another channel to make sure there isn’t a problem with just that channel.
You can also try resetting your set-top box by unplugging it from the power source for about 20 seconds and plugging it back in. It may take several minutes for the box to re-boot and load all the guide data.
It is not recommended that you reboot a FUSION system. If you are experiencing issues with your FUSION system, please call us.
If this does not solve the problem or you are unable to reboot the equipment, call our office at 330-833-4134/330-345-8114.
During normal office hours, your call will be answered by one of our representatives and we will get someone to your office as soon as possible-usually that very same day. If it is after hours, your call will be recorded and returned the following day. Please make sure to leave your name, address and phone number when leaving a message.