Responsible for assisting the finance department in creating accurate and timely financial records for the organization.
|Reports to||Accounting Supervisor|
|Hours||8 am to 5 pm|
|Salary||based on experience and skill level|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare journal entries, reconcile accounts and analyze financial results as part of month end close duties, while meeting monthly close timeline requirements.
- Record cash transactions, maintain detailed cash subledger, and reconcile bank accounts on a daily and monthly basis.
- Reconcile credit card accounts receivable from the subledger to the merchant account statements for multiple legal entities on a monthly basis.
- Record fixed asset additions, disposals and depreciation and maintain fixed asset subledger.
- Analyze cost of goods sold, operating and marketing expenses to ensure proper recording on a monthly basis and report on variances.
- Assist with satisfying quarterly, annual and internal controls audit requirements, as well as liaising with internal and external auditors.
- Assist with Accounts Payable and Payroll processing, tax filings.
- Utilize company time keeping and payroll software to run reports and prepare payroll; guide and train users on the software.
- Maintain unquestionable integrity and personal ethics.
The Staff Accountant must successfully utilize the following tools/equipment in order to complete their responsibilities:
- Use of PC, telephone, copy machine/scanner, fax and basic office equipment.
- Physical requirements - Ability to sit/stand at work station for 6-8 hours per day. Ability to bend, lift and carry files, open filing cabinets.
- Must successfully complete background check and drug test.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Expert level user of MS Excel and Word is required.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience in a similar (accounting) role; meeting deadlines while contributing to the month end close process.
- Previous work experience in a technology company that is subscription or SaaS (Software as a Service) is beneficial.
- Previous work experience utilizing Accounting/payroll software is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task with a variety of systems, tools, customers and co-workers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with customers and co-workers.
Diverse Workforce / EEO
MCTV recognizes and strongly supports the benefits of a diverse workforce, and strives to provide a culture that recognizes the unique contributions of each of our employees. MCTV requires a drug test, background check, employment and education verification as conditions of employment. MCTV is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, and the presence of a non-job related handicap or disability, or any other legally protected status.