Reports to: Human Resources Director
Department: Human Resources
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Type of Position: Full-time
Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm with weekend and evening work as needed.
Compensation: based on experience and skill level
Posting Period: Through January 3, 2020
Create, modify and administer all safety policies, procedures and programs to promote and abide by identified rules, policies, legal standards and procedures to create a healthy and safe workplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, the Safety Coordinator has primary responsibility to:
- Create and train others on safety procedures and processes.
- Administer safety related training for current and new employees.
- Maintain safety related documentation, including training records.
- Visit work locations to conduct safety audits on personnel, equipment, environment and materials.
- Create accident investigations and evaluate injury case studies based on available facts and communicate to management. Complete the root cause analysis and make recommendations.
- Assist in tracking incidents, near miss, and injury data.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies and standards, including OSHA.
- Create, implement, coordinate and monitor schedule for various safety related inspections, such as fire extinguisher, ladder inspections, etc.
- Lead internal and external audits in relation to business and safety practices and standards.
- Abide by and promote all safety compliance in accordance with the business, industry, vendors, and customers.
- Act and communicate in a manner that will maintain a positive work atmosphere for customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Evaluate employee roles and determine proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required. Ensure training on usage of PPE occurs when appropriate (new employee, set schedule, re-certification).
- Practice safety on a daily basis, always wear appropriate PPE and be a leader in safety.
- Other duties may also be assigned.
The Safety Coordinator must successfully utilize the following tools/equipment in order to complete their responsibilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication with all departments in MCTV.
- Use of software such as MS Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Use of PC, telephone, copy machine/scanner, fax and basic office equipment.
- Maintain dexterity, vision and coordination, sufficient to perform essential functions.
- Ability to carry, set up and use ladder.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, 6-8 hours/day.
- Travel within the MCTV service area is expected.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must successfully complete background check and drug test
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety or related field is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA requirements is required.
- 2 years as a Safety Coordinator or similar role is preferred.
- Experience in telecommunications or electrical utility is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal with the ability to understand and translate technical details.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills.
- Superior planning and organizational skills; attention to detail is essential.
- Self-starter with a flexible attitude.
- Team player and willingness to perform additional tasks as needed.
Diverse Workforce / EEO
MCTV recognizes and strongly supports the benefits of a diverse workforce, and strives to provide a culture that recognizes the unique contributions of each of our employees. MCTV requires a drug test, background check, employment and education verification as conditions of employment. MCTV is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, and the presence of a non-job related handicap or disability, or any other legally protected status.