Plant Maintenance Technician - Wayne County
Responsible for maintaining the outside coax and fiber plant system.
|Reports to||Plant Engineering Manager|
|Hours||M-F, 7am - 4pm|
|Salary||based on experience|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build, splice, setup, and troubleshoot any Motorola based amplifier.
- Build and troubleshoot coax nodes.
- Install and troubleshoot power supplies.
- Troubleshoot power related outages by using maps and customer data.
- Understand amplifier fusing and how voltage and amperage draw work in the field.
- Calculate and design RF signal for forward and return path services.
- Perform signal leakage troubleshooting to isolate RF related impairments.
- Troubleshoot area wide issues affecting return path services.
- Basic ability to design, test, and troubleshoot fiber. This includes fiber splicing involving splice points, 1x32 splitters and drop can installation.
- Able to physically construct RF and fiber plant, including strand installation, pole anchoring, running of coax and fiber lines and completing pole transfers. Installation of pedestals, apartment boxes, and inside building construction will also be required.
- Read and understand Coax and Fiber maps, working with map drafter to update and designing service areas.
- Pole gaffing ability is a bonus.
- Willing and able to be part of the On-Call Rotation for Plant outages (Includes Nights and Weekend work as-needed)
The Plant Maintenance Technician must successfully utilize the following tools/equipment in order to complete their responsibilities:
- Basic tools such as hammer, saw, screwdriver and pliers, drills, saws, impact drivers
- Meters, PCs, Tablets, cell/smart phone other testing equipment
- Physical requirements - Carry and setup ladder, Lift 80+ pounds, be able to work at heights of 30+ feet, perform duties outdoors in any type of weather, working in tight spaces with various temperatures (crawl space, attic, etc.)
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Valid driver's license is required
- 3 years previous experience with coaxial and fiber plant construction, troubleshooting and repair is preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs and be able to work in small confined spaces and heights up to 30 feet as needed
- Must be able to handle extreme hot and cold weather conditions
Diverse Workforce / EEO
MCTV recognizes and strongly supports the benefits of a diverse workforce, and strives to provide a culture that recognizes the unique contributions of each of our employees. MCTV requires a drug test, background check, employment and education verification as conditions of employment. MCTV is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, and the presence of a non-job related handicap or disability, or any other legally protected status.