Outside Plant Technician – Wooster, OH
Responsible for underground locates, general maintenance of ground base power supplies and assisting with construction projects. NOTE: DUE TO COVID-19 AND SAFE DISTANCING, THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY NOT ENTERING HOMES OR BUSINESSES. TRAINING WILL TAKE PLACE WHILE PRACTICING SAFE DISTANCE GUIDELINES.
|Reports to||Manager, Outside Plant|
|Full/Part-time||Outside Plant Technician|
|Hours||Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm|
|Salary||based on experience and skill level|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, the Installation & Repair Technician (I/R Technician) has primary responsibility to:
- Locate and identify underground cables
- Maintain online Oups ticketing system.
- Maintain physical condition of ground base power supply cabinets.
- Conduct regular operational testing of power supplies
- Track performance of power supplies replacing batteries when needed.
- Assist on construction projects when needed with various duties including but not limited to the following: Flagging traffic, running conduit, pulling cable through conduit, mounting termination equipment, setting pedestals.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Valid driver's license is required
- Strong mechanical ability with willingness to learn new technology
- Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs and be able to work in small confined spaces and heights up to 30 feet as needed
- Must be able to handle extreme hot and cold weather conditions
Diverse Workforce / EEO
MCTV recognizes and strongly supports the benefits of a diverse workforce, and strives to provide a culture that recognizes the unique contributions of each of our employees. MCTV requires a drug test, background check, employment and education verification as conditions of employment. MCTV is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, and the presence of a non-job related handicap or disability, or any other legally protected status.