Official Facebook Sweepstakes Regulations
MCTV #PowersFunThisSummer Social Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS AND A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT REQUIRED. SPONSORED BY MCTV. FACEBOOK IS NOT A SPONSOR OF, AND DOES NOT ENDORSE, THIS PROMOTION.
- Sweepstakes Description and Period. The MCTV #PowersFunThisSummer Social Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 26, 2021 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on August 13, 2021 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The object of the Sweepstakes is to visit the MCTV Facebook Page located at https://www.facebook.com/MCTVOhio/ and “share a photo”, “share the post”, “like our page”, and hashtag #PowersFunThisSummer on one of the MCTV #PowersFunThisSummer posts during the Sweepstakes Period (each, a “Sweepstakes Post” and, collectively, the “Sweepstakes Posts”)
- Eligibility. Participation open only to U.S. legal residents residing in Stark, Summit, Wayne Tuscarawas, Columbiana, and Jefferson counties. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. Employees, officers and directors of MCTV and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, promotional partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of promotion materials (collectively, the "Related Entities") and each of their immediate family members (children, siblings, spouse) and/or members of the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- How to Enter. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in the Sweepstakes, you must have a Facebook account and become a follower of MCTV on Facebook.
If you already have a Facebook account, go to http://facebook.com and log on using your Facebook user name and password, then become a follower of MCTV by searching for "MCTV" Facebook page and clicking the "Follow" button.
If you do not have a Facebook account, go to http://facebook.com and create a Facebook account according to the instructions on the website and then become a follower of MCTV as directed above. Creating a Facebook account is free. Please note that you must agree to comply with the Facebook Terms of Service in order to create a Facebook account.
You must comment and like an MCTV Sweepstakes Post on the MCTV Facebook page in order to enter. One (1) entry consists of one (1) comment or like (“Entry”) of a Sweepstakes Post during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled comments, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed shares are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Facebook account.
- Sweepstakes Drawing/Give-a-way/Prize. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received for the Sweepstakes. All Entries must be received by 12 noon ET each Friday during the sweepstakes.
The winner will a receive a different themed gift package each week.
- Multiple winners will be selected throughout the sweepstakes period. Each Friday throughout the sweepstakes period a new winner will be selected. Winners will be selected in a random drawing conducted by Sponsor on Friday from among all of the eligible Entries received. Sponsor’s decision is final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) prize per person or household.
Prize is non-assignable and non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions, except Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute prize(s) of comparable value if any prize listed is unavailable, in whole or in part, for any reason. Prize will be awarded only if the potential prize winner fully complies with these Official Rules. Winner shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes and the reporting consequences thereof and all other costs incurred in claiming the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for winner's limitations that prevent the acceptance or full use of prize awarded.
- Winner Notification/Confirmation. No potential prize winner is an official winner unless Sponsor confirms such. Potential prize winner will be notified by Facebook post from Sponsor. Once a winner has been announced, the winner has one week to pick up the prize at 814 Cable Court NW, Massillon, Ohio 44647 at the front counter. If the potential winner cannot or does not pick up the prize by the following Friday at 6 p.m. an alternate potential winner will be selected from the remaining eligible Entries. If the potential winner’s MCTV Facebook account is blocked, to the potential winner via direct message, or any potential winner rejects his/her prize, a prize is not picked up, or a potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible Entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of the prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed.
- Conditions of Participating. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Participation in the Sweepstakes and acceptance of any prize constitutes each winner's permission for Sponsor to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, discovered or devised, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, at any time or times, his/her full name and address, likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by the winner regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes without review, approval or notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless the Related Entities, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes, or from entrant's possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified.
- Additional Terms: In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address used to set up the Facebook account. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the Authorized Account Holder of the email address/Facebook account associated with the winning entry. The Related Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, website, Internet, or internet service provider availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one's ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion and in its sole opinion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be posting profanity, pornography, abusive or other objectionable content on Facebook, tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or Sponsor's website. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. This Sweepstakes is governed by the internal laws of the State of Ohio with jurisdiction and venue in the State and Federal courts located in Ohio. The Sweepstakes is governed by and subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. The laws of the State of Ohio, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the State of Ohio. All Entrants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Ohio and agree to waive the right to a jury trial with respect to any claim or dispute with regard to any aspect of the Sweepstakes or Official Sweepstakes Rules.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Winner Information. The winner will be identified on MCTV’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/MCTVOhio/
- Sponsor. MCTV, PO Box 1000, 814 Cable Court, NW, Massillon, OH 44648-1000
- This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to MCTV and not to Facebook. The information you provide will be used only for MCTV promotional purposes. Any third-party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third-party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Sweepstakes.
- A condition of entry to the Sweepstakes is that each entrant or participant grants a complete release to Facebook from any claims that they now have or may have in the future which relate to or are incidental to the Sweepstakes.
© 2021 MCTV All rights reserved.