Reports to: Sales & Marketing Director
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Type of Position: Full-time
Responsible for implementation of policies, objectives and initiatives set by the Marketing Department.
The Marketing Department has broad oversight throughout the company and is responsible for anything and everything that a potential or current customer might see including, but not limited to, marketing, advertising, community relations, promotions, events and sales.
The Marketing Manager will develop the tactics used to execute the marketing strategy and ensure proper implementation.
In this role, the Marketing Manager has primary responsibility for:
- Implementation and execution of marketing activities
- Manage the day-to-day activities for all advertising outlets
- Oversee development and approval of all marketing and communications pieces
- Internal communications
- Supervising sales programs
- Be a champion of MCTV. This responsibility is shared by all members of the Sales & Marketing Department.
- Act as guardian of the MCTV brand and help lead effective use and implementation of the brand throughout the company.
- Know and understand MCTV’s position in the marketplace.
- Maintain adherence to the brand standards.
- Act as an advocate for all MCTV products – both inside and outside the company.
- Advertising and promotions
- Develop marketing plans including tactics, goals and promotions as outlined by Director of Marketing
- Work with outside marketing agency to create annual media plan.
- Coordinate and manage the scheduling of media placement as needed.
- Oversee creation and production of appropriate marketing materials including copywriting, design, pricing, working with outside agencies and vendors.
- Evaluate advertising opportunities and make recommendations based on price, availability, demographics and product goals.
- Evaluate success of individual promotions and annual marketing plan.
- Maintain monthly campaign reports and develop other reports as requested.
- Responsible for maintaining the corporate websites and working with outside agencies on future developments.
- Oversee development of all customer communications including email newsletters and notifications, invoices, social media and customer literature.
- Oversee and develop all external branded materials.
- Internal communications
- In conjunction with other departments, develop motivational materials as requested.
- Conduct employee training for marketing updates.
- Oversee the development of internal communications.
- Oversee the purchasing of employee clothing and promotional materials.
- Compile competitive research and act as an internal resource.
- Manage existing partner sales programs and evaluate opportunities for new partnerships.
- Oversee event planning for residential and business events.
- Work with Community Development Director to evaluate community sponsorship requests. Ensure requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Oversee affiliate promotions and advertising with TV networks and ensure requirements are met.
- Work with Marketing Assistant to approve monthly cross-channel schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Oversee social media sites and manage social campaigns.
- Normal working hours are M-F 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. with weekend or evening work as needed.
- Occasional travel to industry meetings and events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Journalism or related field is required; Masters degree preferred.
- 5+ years of marketing experience or equivalent training.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills, both writing and verbal.
- Proficient design knowledge and sensibility that encompasses color theory, smart use of typography and aesthetic sense.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) is required. Professional training or education is preferred.
- Able to understand and translate technical details.
- Experience or knowledge of the telecommunications industry is preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills. Formal training or previous work experience is preferred.
- Superior planning and organizational skills. Attention to detail is essential.
- Able to orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances within the company.
- Excellent interpersonal organizational and project management skills.
- Self-starter with a flexible attitude.
- Team player and willingness to perform additional tasks as needed.
- Sales expertise and experience training in sales preferred.
- Experience working for or with an advertising agency preferred.
Diverse Workforce / EEO
MCTV recognizes and strongly supports the benefits of a diverse workforce, and strives to provide a culture that recognizes the unique contributions of each of our employees. MCTV requires a drug test, background check, employment and education verification as conditions of employment. MCTV is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, and the presence of a non- job related handicap or disability, or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates may send cover letter and resume to jobopenings@MCTVOhio.com (please include job title in your email).