Inventory Control Specialist
Responsible to ensure that all inventory items are properly identified and readily accessible in accordance with the organization’s inventory cycle.
|Department||Installation & Repair|
|Reports to||Installation & Repair Manager|
|Hours||M-F 8am-5 pm with occasional overtime|
|Salary||based on experience|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, the Inventory Control Specialist has primary responsibility for:
- Executes daily inventory analysis; identifies and resolves discrepancies and problems.
- Oversees stock item lists, identifying incorrect descriptions and stock numbers.
- Creates, oversees and monitors inventory cycles and adjusts order frequency as needed.
- For large projects, this role will review pricing, freight costs and track inventory; raising issues and making suggestions when appropriate. This includes any company purchases made over $10,000.00
- Locates items that may have incorrect locations or stock numbers.
- Communicates with Department Managers as needed regarding new items, changes of location, counts, etc.
- Ensures milestones and goals are met.
- Provides excellent service to internal and external customers
- Performs and assists with general maintenance and cleanup of warehouse.
- Maintains warehouse area security at all times
- Assists delivery drivers to load/unload packages and shipments.
- Operates forklift as needed.
- Clean, troubleshoot and test Customer premise equipment (CPE)
- Provide CPE to technicians and front counter staff.
- Performs additional related duties as assigned.
The Inventory Control Specialist must successfully utilize the following tools/equipment in order to complete their responsibilities:
- Operates forklift as needed. Must maintain MCTV forklift certification.
- Basic hand tools such as hammer, saw, screwdriver and pliers
- Use PC’s, Tablets, cell/smart phone other equipment to manage inventory and communicate internally and externally.
- Physical requirements – Operate forklift, carry and setup ladder, Lift 80+ pounds, be able to work at heights of 35+ feet, perform duties outdoors and in a warehouse environment, working in tight spaces with various temperatures, lighting, dust, etc.
- Must successfully complete background check and drug test.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Previous inventory/warehouse leadership experience is required.
- Ability to multi-task with a variety of systems, tools, customers and co-workers.
- Excellent verbal communication with customers and co-workers.
Diverse Workforce / EEO
MCTV recognizes and strongly supports the benefits of a diverse workforce, and strives to provide a culture that recognizes the unique contributions of each of our employees. MCTV requires a drug test, background check, employment and education verification as conditions of employment. MCTV is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, and the presence of a non-job related handicap or disability, or any other legally protected status.