Installation & Repair Technician - Massillon
MCTV “goes the extra smile” for its customers, adding high-touch service to high-tech telecommunications. Since 1965, MCTV’s 170 local employees have been serving their neighbors with a full complement of advanced broadband products including High-Speed Internet, digital TV, residential phone, commercial phone, television advertising, dedicated fiber optic connections and security systems. More than 47,000 homes and businesses in Stark, Wayne, Summit, Holmes and Tuscarawas Counties rely on MCTV for their telecommunications needs.
Responsible for installation and repair of all services including internet, TV and phone. The I/R Technician must be able troubleshoot technical issues related to all services. The work for this position may be scheduled appointments, on-going tasks, or unplanned.
|Department||Installation and Repair|
|Reports to||Installation and Repair Supervisor|
|Full/Part-time||Installation and Repair|
|Hours||Tuesday through Saturday, 8AM - 5PM|
|Salary||based on experience and skill level|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, the Installation & Repair Technician (I/R Technician) has primary responsibility for:
- Perform installations for converters, high speed data and digital telephone
- Perform disconnects, reconnects, theft checks, traps and audits
- Understand and communicate the function of RF wire routing, telephone wire routing, RG and twisted pair wiring, converters, remote controls, digital telephone MTA’s and high-speed data modems
- Follow proper procedure for installation from internal/external house to tap
- Trouble shooting company and customer equipment from tap to home
- Reading and understanding maps and RF layout
- Willingness to learn additional skills and work with Plant Maintenance to locate and repair fiber breaks, distribution and signal problems
The Installation & Repair Technician must successfully utilize the following tools/equipment in order to complete their responsibilities:
- Basic hand tools such as hammer, saw, screwdriver and pliers
- Basic power tools such as drills, saws, impact drivers
- Meters, PC’s, Tablets, cell/smart phone other testing equipment
- Physical requirements - Carry and setup ladder, Lift 80+ pounds, be able to work at heights of 30+ feet, perform duties outdoors in any type of weather, working in tight spaces with various temperatures (crawl space, attic, etc.)
- Must successfully complete background check and drug test.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Previous cable/telecommunications or related experience is a plus but will train qualified candidate.
- Demonstrated knowledge of using meters and testing equipment is a plus but will train qualified candidate.
- Candidate should be willing to learn a variety of telecommunications processes.
- Ability to multi-task with a variety of systems, tools, customers and co-workers.
- Excellent verbal communication with customers and co-workers.
Diverse Workforce / EEO
MCTV recognizes and strongly supports the benefits of a diverse workforce, and strives to provide a culture that recognizes the unique contributions of each of our employees. MCTV requires a drug test, background check, employment and education verification as conditions of employment. MCTV is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, and the presence of a non-job related handicap or disability, or any other legally protected status.