Emergency Broadband Benefit Program
What is the EBB or Emergency Broadband Benefit Program?
The Emergency Broadband Benefit will provide a discount up to $50 per month towards specific Internet services. It also provides up to a one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer. Only one monthly service discount and one device discount is allowed per household.
MCTV is participating in this program and eligible households can receive up to a $50 credit toward Internet services including 25 Mbps, 50 Mbps or 100 Mbps Internet, and Whole-Home WiFi. Please note that MCTV is not participating in the one-time discount on laptop, tablets, or desktop computers.
For more information, visit: www.GetEmergencyBroadband.org.
Who is Eligible for the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program?
A household is eligible if one member of the household meets any of the following:
- Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty.
- Participates in certain assistance programs, including SNAP, Medicaid, SSI, federal Public Housing Assistance, Veterans Pension or Survivor Benefits.
- Receives benefits under the federal free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, for the 2020-21 or 2019-20 school year.
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020 and the household had a total income in 2020 below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers.
How to sign up?
- Go online to www.GetEmergencyBroadband.org to enroll in this FCC program and receive confirmation that you are eligible. If online access is not available, the FCC address to request/submit forms is Emergency Broadband Support Center, PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
- Once you receive confirmation from the FCC that you are eligible, contact MCTV to enroll at 330-833-4134 Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
Click to see a list of available packages and rates in your area. Once you enroll, you’ll receive a monthly discount of up to $50/month on qualifying Internet plans, including MCTV’s Whole Home WiFi. If the price of the service(s) do not exceed $50, you will not receive the full discount. If the price of the service(s) exceeds $50, you will be responsible for the remaining amount over $50.