You can decide what shows and channels to which your family can access by using parental controls. Parental controls can be used to block channels completely, block specific shows or block programs by rating. You can also set up purchase controls to prevent unwanted On Demand or pay-per-view purchases.
- Press MENU and then the A button to access MORE SETTINGS
- Use the up/down arrows to navigate to PARENTAL CONTROLS
- Press SELECT or the right arrow
- At this point you will be asked to enter or create a PIN.
- If this is your first time using parental controls, you will be asked to enter the PIN twice
- Use the up/down arrows to navigate to LOCKING STATUS
- Press the right arrow and then the up/down arrows to highlight ON
- Press the left arrow to go back one level
- Use the up/down arrows to select the type(s) of controls you wish to set up
- By rating. When locking ratings, all ratings higher than what you are blocking are automatically blocked. These can be unselected manually.
- By channel
- By time
- Once you are done setting up controls, press EXIT to return to TV
To unblock a channel or program:
- After trying to tune to that channel or program, press SELECT
- Select either
- A to unlock that specific channel
- B to unlock all channels and recordings
- Press SELECT
To relock a channel or program, press MENU and use the up/down arrows to navigate to RE-LOCK THIS CHANNEL. Use the left/right arrows to select YES. Turning the set-top box off will also re-enable parental controls.
You can temporarily disable parental controls by pressing MENU and navigating to PARENTAL CONTROLS. This will disable all parental controls for 5 hours or until the box is powered off.