Director – Government and Regulatory Affairs
The Director of Government and Regulatory Affairs will represent MCTV and amplify our story and brand throughout the communities we serve. This position will develop solid working relationships and act as a brand ambassador with Government and Community leaders to ensure that MCTV is proactively addressing any concerns they may have and while keeping key community leaders informed of how MCTV is planning for and investing in the future. As the industry landscape changes with new government programs and funding, you will act as MCTV’s point person in reviewing and administering funding opportunities.
|Hours||M-F 8-5 with occasional evening and weekend|
|Salary||based on experience|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, the Director – Government and Regulatory Affairs has primary responsibility to:
- Government Affairs
- Identify and communicate important municipal issues of significance in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local, state and Federal officials and staff.
- Assist in maintaining an accurate data base of all local, state and Federal officials so that we can communicate with them and their offices as needed.
- Proactively monitor and report on the local community, political and competitive landscape and communicate in a timely manner any opportunities or issues that we should review
- Participate in community meetings as needed and use this as an opportunity to educate your audience about MCTV and the initiatives we are working on to benefit the towns we serve.
- Manage franchise renewal efforts and ensure compliance with agreement terms (WV communities only)
- Regulatory Affairs
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant agencies and regulatory bodies at the local, state and Federal levels (state broadband offices, public utility commissions, FCC, Ohio Department of Commerce, etc.)
- Maintain a database of applicable regulatory filings and work with applicable teams to complete.
- Act as the point person within MCTV to review legislative proceedings (state and federal) that could impact our business. Work with internal subject matter experts to provide recommendations to appropriate groups (ACA, OCTA, WVCTA) or directly to the appropriate legislative body. Summarize and provide recommendations to key leadership.
- Review funding opportunities and provide recommendations to key leadership.
- Monitor funding requests by competitors and support the challenge of those requests in MCTV service areas
- Oversee the implementation of programs and regulations in conjunction with appropriate internal teams (Affordable Connectivity Program, Truth In Billing, broadband labels, etc.)
- Represent MCTV with industry groups and at industry events as needed (ACA Connects, NCTC, OCTA, WVCTA)
- Participate in industry webinars to stay abreast of changes that could impact our business. Summarize learnings as needed to key leadership.
The Director – Government and Regulatory Affairs must successfully utilize the following tools/equipment in order to complete their responsibilities:
- Physical requirements –
- Maintain dexterity, vision and coordination, sufficient to perform essential functions
- Use of PC, telephone, copy machine/scanner, fax and basic office equipment
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, 6-8 hours/day
- Ability to bend, lift and carry files, boxes or other objects up to 20 lbs
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 3 years of relevant work experience or 5 years of experience without a Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work autonomously, prioritize, problem solve and manage multiple projects/partnerships simultaneously without jeopardizing work quality or negatively impacting the MCTV Brand.
- Must be flexible, organized, creative and proactive.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including presentation skills to groups.
- Ability to identify market opportunities, suggest possible solutions and drive action plans to successful completion.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule (nights and weekends) as necessary
- Must successfully complete background check and drug test.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Diverse Workforce / EEO
MCTV recognizes and strongly supports the benefits of a diverse workforce, and strives to provide a culture that recognizes the unique contributions of each of our employees. MCTV requires a drug test, background check, employment and education verification as conditions of employment. MCTV is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, and the presence of a non-job related handicap or disability, or any other legally protected status.