Customer Service Representative - Front Counter
MCTV “goes the extra smile” for its customers, adding high-touch service to high-tech telecommunications. Since 1965, MCTV’s 170 local employees have been serving their neighbors with a full complement of advanced broadband products including High-Speed Internet, digital TV, residential phone and commercial phone, television advertising, dedicated fiber optic connections and security systems. More than 47,000 homes and businesses in Stark, Wayne, Summit, Holmes and Tuscarawas Counties rely on MCTV for their telecommunications needs.
Responsible for assisting customers at our MCTV location with questions, billing and account information and transactions; identifying and assessing customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction.
|Reports to||Customer Service Manager|
|Salary||Hourly (based on experience)|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, the Customer Service Representative – Front Counter has primary responsibility to:
- Explain and sell MCTV services – Internet, cable television, phone, and security packages
- Be able to work with telephone system, computer network, and common office equipment
- Efficiently and effectively conduct billing transactions with cash, checks and credit.
- Answer customer questions regarding billing, TV services, including set-top boxes, common computer/cable modem questions, telephone service issues and display proper phone etiquette
- Communicate clearly to customers through active listening, answering questions accurately and completely, resolve problems
The Customer Service Representative – Front Counter must successfully complete the training process to show:
- Thorough understanding of MCTV’s billing system to access customer and unit inquiries, account balances, and work order and service call creation
- Thorough understanding of the Customer Service Information Center (CSIC) to access SuperVision, system maps, service call history, statements and campaigns
- Thorough knowledge of troubleshooting techniques for customers’ cable television, Internet, and telephone issues
- Must submit to successfully complete background check and drug test
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Previous sales experience preferred
- Previous employment as Customer Service/Technical Support Representative/Front Counter preferred
- Excellent verbal skills
- Technical knowledge of computers, email and Internet preferred
Diverse Workforce / EEO
MCTV recognizes and strongly supports the benefits of a diverse workforce, and strives to provide a culture that recognizes the unique contributions of each of our employees. MCTV requires a drug test, background check, employment and education verification as conditions of employment. MCTV is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, and the presence of a non-job related handicap or disability, or any other legally protected status.