Read through our phone FAQs for help troubleshooting common issues. If you do not find the information you need to resolve your problem, please contact MCTV for additional support.
What is call waiting and how do I use it?
Call waiting alerts you when you are on the phone and another caller is trying to reach you. A special tone will alert you to a waiting call. The person calling you will hear a normal ring.
To answer a waiting call or alternate between calls:
- Press and quickly release the receiver or FLASH button on your phone
- The other caller will remain on hold. Each conversation will remain private.
To end a call:
- While on the phone with the caller you want to hang up with, hang up the phone
- Your phone will ring
- When you answer, you will be connected with the caller who was on hold
Can I set up call forwarding to forward my phone calls to another phone number?
Call forwarding (*72) can be used to forward incoming calls to another phone number you choose. You can select any phone number but keep in mind that long distance charges may apply if you are forwarding calls to a long distance phone number.
Call forwarding will override the use of voicemail. A call will go to the designated call forwarding number instead of voicemail.
- Dial *72
- Dial the phone number, including area code, where you would like to forward your calls
- When someone at that phone number answers, call forwarding is activated.
- If no one answers or the line is busy:
- Press the receiver button for 1 second and repeat steps 1-3 within two minutes
- When you hear two beeps, call forwarding has been activated
- Dial *73
- You will hear two short tones followed by a dial tone indicating that call forwarding has been deactivated
What is call return (*69) and how do I use it?
Call return (*69) automatically dials your last incoming call, whether the call was answered, unanswered or busy.
- Dial *69 and listen for a recording of the last number that was called
- To call that number, dial 1
- If the number is rings busy, hang up
- Call within 30 minutes, during which you can still make and receive calls. To deactivate while waiting for the party you are trying to reach to become available, dial *89.
You can monitor more than one busy number at a time. The same distinctive signal ring is used for all, so you need Caller ID to tell which number has become available. If you get a fast busy signal or an announcement that the call cannot be completed, then the number is either invalid, ID blocked, out of order, outside the service area or has activated call forwarding.
NOTE: call return works for local calls only
Can I prevent my name and phone number from appear on outgoing calls?
Yes. You can use Caller ID block (*67) on a per-call basis to block your own identity when calling another phone number.
Caller ID block works on a per-call basis so you will need to follow these steps each time you wish to block your Caller ID information.
- Dial *67 and wait for a dial tone
- Dial the telephone number you wish to reach
- If this person has Caller ID, your telephone number will appear as “Private Caller.”
- If the person has anonymous call rejection, you will hear a recording that says “The party you have dialed does not accept blocked calls. Please hang up and redial the number without blocking your phone number.”
What is Caller ID and how is it used?
Caller ID displays the name and phone number of incoming callers. This feature works only if you have a phone with built-in Caller ID or a Caller ID box.
Caller ID will be enabled automatically when we set up your Phone service.
To deactivate Caller ID for incoming calls:
You will hear two short tones followed by a dial tone
Hang up the phone
Caller ID can be reactivated by doing the following:
You will hear a short tone denoting activation
Hang up the phone
How do I set up voicemail?
To set up your voicemail box:
- From your home phone, dial *21. If you have a private phone number, dial *82
- Enter your temporary 4-digit PIN number and press #. It is the last four digits of your home phone number
- Re-enter the temporary PIN and press #
- State your name and press #
- Select your greeting type:
- Personal greeting (follow prompts to record greeting)
- System greeting using recorded name
- System greeting using phone number
- System greeting with no name or phone number
How do I check my voicemail from my phone?
You can retrieve up to 30 messages at a time.
- Dial *21
- Enter your PIN and press #
- Follow the prompts to check new messages, manage saved messages or change your settings.
If you have a private phone number AND anonymous call rejection is enabled, you must dial *82 and your home phone number to check messages.
Will my fax machine work with MCTV's Phone service?
MCTV’s Phone service delivers an analog dial tone for compatibility with fax machines. In some instances, our service may not be compatible with your equipment due to its age or technology.
Will my phone number be listed in the phone book?
Yes. You will continue to be listed in the phone book. As with all phone providers, you may choose to have a non-published or unlisted phone number for a monthly fee. Ask a representative for details.
MCTV Business Phone service customers receive one free, straight-line listing in the local Yellow Pages in one category of their choice and one free, straight-line listing in the local business White Pages.
Is there a fee to switch to MCTV's Phone service?
There is no fee to switch your phone service but an installation charge may apply. Fees from your current phone provider may apply for early contract termination. Check with your current phone provider.
How do I sign up for the National Do Not Call Registry?
The National Do Not Call Registry was created by the federal government to make it easier and more efficient for you to stop getting telemarketing calls that you do NOT want. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC), The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the individual states enforce the Do Not Call Registry.
Placing your number on the registry will stop most, but not all, telemarketing calls. The FTC and most states allow companies an exemption to call phone numbers on the Registry when the companies have an existing business relationship with the owner of the phone number. Calls from or on behalf of political organizations, charities and telephone surveyors are still permitted.
To register for and learn more about the Do Not Call Registry, visit www.donotcall.gov or call 1-888-382-1222 toll-free from the number you wish to register.
Can I have more than one phone line?
Yes, we can provide multiple lines to your business.
Business customers will have hunt group/rollover capabilities with multiple phone lines.
Can I keep my current phone number(s)?
Yes, in most cases customers switching their phone service to MCTV can keep their existing phone number. Your phone number must be active and not pending for disconnection.
There are some instances in which we are unable to port, or transfer, your phone number:
- Phone numbers that are pending for disconnection or has been shut off for non-payment
- Customers who are moving into the service area and do not have a local phone number. For example, a customer moving from out of state will not be able to transfer their phone number
Are you able to port (transfer) a non-working or disconnected phone number?
No. to transfer your phone number to MCTV it must be active and not pending for disconnection.
What calling features will I receive?
Many phone features are available with MCTV’s Phone service. Follow the link below to see what features are available.
Can I use Directory Assistance (411)?
Yes, you can still use Directory Assistance. Costs may vary for using this service and will appear as a separate charge on your monthly statement.
Can I call 911?
Yes. Our Phone service provides Enhanced 911 (E911) service. E911 automatically transmits your address and phone number to first responders in the event of an emergency.
How do I make international calls?
Dial 011 + country code + city code + telephone number
Calls placed to mobile phones in other countries may incur a surcharge in addition to the calling rate. These charges are added to your per-minute rate. To view mobile surcharge rates, click here.
Calls can also be placed through an international operator by dialing “00.” Placing calls through the operator will incur higher charges per minute.
Will my credit card machine work?
Yes. MCTV Business Phone service delivers an analog dial tone for compatibility with credit card machines. In very rare instances, our service may not be compatible with your equipment due to its age or technology.
Can I use my existing phones and phone equipment?
Yes in most cases. Some older phone equipment may not be compatible with our Phone system.
Analog phones will NOT work with MCTV Phone service.
Do you offer hunt groups or rollover service?
Will my Phone service work if there's a power outage?
If your office loses power, you phone service will not work. We recommend you purchase an Uninterrupted Power Supply to provide battery backup power in the event of a power outage.
In the event of a power outage, call us at 330-833-4134/330-345-8114 and we can forward your main phone line to a cell phone or other number until power is restored. Once power has been restored, simply dial *73 from your business line to deactivate call forwarding.
Can I have additional listings in the phone book?
Business Phone customers receive one free straight-line listing in the local Yellow Pages in one category of your choice and one free straight-line listing in the local business White Pages.
Additional White Pages listings can be provided for an additional monthly fee. Call 330-833-4134/330-345-8114 for details
Can I choose my long distance carrier?
Yes but why would you? Our Business Phone service includes a generous amount of long distances minutes to the US and US Territories. Additional minutes over you allotted amount are charged at $0.015/minute.
Do you offer voicemail?
We offer two voicemail options for customers – Standard Voicemail and Elite Voicemail.