Business Support Center
If you can't find the information that you're looking for, contact us directly.
How do I set up voicemail?
To set up your voicemail box:
- From your home phone, dial *21. If you have a private phone number, dial *82
- Enter your temporary 4-digit PIN number and press #. It is the last four digits of your home phone number
- Re-enter the temporary PIN and press #
- State your name and press #
- Select your greeting type:
- Personal greeting (follow prompts to record greeting)
- System greeting using recorded name
- System greeting using phone number
- System greeting with no name or phone number
Will my fax machine work with MCTV's Phone service?
MCTV’s Phone service delivers an analog dial tone for compatibility with fax machines. In some instances, our service may not be compatible with your equipment due to its age or technology.
Will my phone number be listed in the phone book?
Yes. You will continue to be listed in the phone book. As with all phone providers, you may choose to have a non-published or unlisted phone number for a monthly fee. Ask a representative for details.
MCTV Business Phone service customers receive one free, straight-line listing in the local Yellow Pages in one category of their choice and one free, straight-line listing in the local business White Pages.
Is there a fee to switch to MCTV's Phone service?
There is no fee to switch your phone service but an installation charge may apply. Fees from your current phone provider may apply for early contract termination. Check with your current phone provider.
Are you able to port (transfer) a non-working or disconnected phone number?
No. to transfer your phone number to MCTV it must be active and not pending for disconnection.
How do I check my voicemail from my phone?
You can retrieve up to 30 messages at a time.
- Dial *21
- Enter your PIN and press #
- Follow the prompts to check new messages, manage saved messages or change your settings.
If you have a private phone number AND anonymous call rejection is enabled, you must dial *82 and your home phone number to check messages.
How can I test my internet speed?
On the Internet, speed is measured in bits per second (bps). A kilobit per second (kbps) delivers 1000 bits per second and a megabit per second (Mbps) is 1,000,000 bits per second.
Download speed is the time it takes for your computer to access a webpage from a server. Downloading documents, purchasing songs or streaming videos are all examples of downloads. So, with a download speed of up to 50 Mbps with MCTV’s 50 Mbps service, you can download a picture more five times faster than you could with 10 Mbps service.
Upload speed is the time it takes for your computer to send information to a remote computer. Posting a video or picture on a sharing site are examples of uploads. The faster the upload speed, the faster your video or picture will be posted.
Things that could affect your speed:
- Time of day and site you’re visiting. During peak hours in the evening and on weekends, overall Internet traffic is higher causing more congestion. Popular sites, like video streaming sites, can also become congested when they have high traffic.
- Multiple devices connected to the Internet. Especially if multiple devices are using a large amount of data at the same time such as streaming videos.
- Automatic updates or syncing with the cloud. Many smartphones and tablets are set to constantly check for email messages, communicate with a cloud or check for updates. If you have several devices doing this it can cause your Internet speed to slow down. The best remedy is to turn off automatic updates and/or set your email to check for messages less frequently. Refer to your device’s owner’s manual for instructions to change these settings.
- Online data backups, including Carbonite and iCloud/iTunes syncing, should be set to run during off-peak hours when you are not using your device.
- Adware and spyware on your computer will create a constant stream of pop-up ads causing your entire computer to run more slowly.
- Computer hardware including processors, hard drives and network cards can impact the speed at which your computer can process Internet data.
- Operating systems that have become corrupted, misconfigured or inefficient due to age. Operating systems become inefficient through age or extensive use which can affect your Internet speed.
- Your cable modem’s location. If the signal delivered to your modem is too strong, too weak or too noisy, your Internet service can be affected. Our technicians will test the Internet signal on the cable line where we install your modem. Moving the modem or adding a splitter to this line may cause issues. Please notify MCTV if you need to move your modem or make changes to your wiring.
Test your Internet speed.
Can I use MCTV as a credit reference for myself or my business?
Yes, you can use MCTV as a credit reference if you are starting a new business or for personal reasons, such as purchasing a new home. MCTV cannot release any information regarding your account or personally identifiable information without your written consent. For MCTV to release this information, please complete and submit an authorization form.
How can I check my @sssnet email?
There are several ways to check your email. Any program that supports POP3 can be used to check your @sssnet.com email.
Many devices come pre-installed with an email program that can easily be set up to work with your @sssnet.com email. Other free programs include Windows Essential (formerly Windows Live Mail), Mac Mail and Thunderbird. Depending on the device and program, you can create address books, file messages and customize your email signature. Customers are encouraged to do their own research before installing any program on their device.
You can also check your email online from any device at http://quickpop.sssnet.com. Simply enter your username (the part before @sssnet.com) and password to check your mail. If you are using a public computer, be sure to log out once you’re done. You can only send and receive emails using this program. It does not have an integrated contact list or many of the features other email programs have.
MCTV Subscriber Policy Notice
To read MCTV's subscriber policies and agreements, visit our Legal Notices page.
Do you offer high definition (HD) channels?
Yes, more than 100 channels are available in HD from MCTV. To see what HD channels are available with your package, view our channel lineup.
Will I receive a refund if I cancel or change my services in the middle of the month?
Yes, we will provide refunds or credits for changes in service.
If you are cancelling or disconnecting your services completely, we will prorate your last month of service if we are notified in advance. Otherwise, we will refund you for the portion of the month after you cancelled services. Refunds are mailed monthly or given in cash at our main office.
If you are downgrading or cancelling one product, we will credit the refund amount to your account. Cash refunds are available to active subscribers at our main office.
When is my bill due?
Your account is due on the first of each month. Your account is considered past due if any charges are outstanding 30 days after the original due date for those charges. You will be charged a $3.00 late fee if your account becomes past due.
How do I sign up for the National Do Not Call Registry?
The National Do Not Call Registry was created by the federal government to make it easier and more efficient for you to stop getting telemarketing calls that you do NOT want. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC), The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the individual states enforce the Do Not Call Registry.
Placing your number on the registry will stop most, but not all, telemarketing calls. The FTC and most states allow companies an exemption to call phone numbers on the Registry when the companies have an existing business relationship with the owner of the phone number. Calls from or on behalf of political organizations, charities and telephone surveyors are still permitted.
To register for and learn more about the Do Not Call Registry, visit www.donotcall.gov or call 1-888-382-1222 toll-free from the number you wish to register.
What are the benefits of a set-top box over using my TV's built-in QAM tuner?
With a QAM tuner, you can view SD and HD channels on the Lifeline lineup and SD channels on the Basic lineup. You will also have to learn a new lineup and may have to periodically perform a re-scan to pick up new channels or find channels when they are realigned.
A set-top box allows you to:
- View all channels and packages. With an HD set-top box, you can receive all HD channels included in your cable TV package.
- Add Basic Plus or HD Essentials, sports packages and premium channels.
- Have access to On Demand content including movies, TV shows, events and more. There is a charge for some On Demand content but there is also plenty of free content.
- Purchase pay-per-view events and specials.
- Take advantage of parental controls and the on-screen program guide. The on-screen program guide will show you what’s currently on and information for shows up to two weeks in advance (depends on the set-top box model).
- DVR boxes are available to allow you to pause and rewind live TV and record you favorite TV series with the click of a button.
What is MCTV's policy regarding non-payment disconnection?
If any portion of your account is more than 45 days past due, your service may be disconnected at any time without notice.
If your service is disconnected, it is up to you to call the office and arrange to have the service reconnected. Service will be reconnected only after the full balance due and reconnection charge are both received.
You will receive a courtesy message via phone call or Internet browser message (MCTV Internet customers only) that your account is pending for disconnection. After that, 2-way set-top boxes or cable modems in your office will be shut off remotely. To have services restored, the entire past due balance plus a reconnection fee must be paid.
If your payment is not received, a technician will be sent to recover equipment in your home and disconnect service at the pole. If a technician is sent to your location, he or she will attempt to collect the full balance due on your account. If you decide to pay the technician, a collection charge must also be paid.
Can I set up auto-payment options?
Yes. You can choose to pay your bill automatically every month using your checking account or credit/debit card. There is no additional charge for this service.
To enroll, simply fill out the CREDIT CARD/CHECKFREE PAYMENT AUTHORIZATION form on the back of monthly statement and return with your payment.
Can I receive my monthly statement electronically?
Yes! You can choose to receive your statement electronically. You will receive an email notification when your statement is ready each month.
To receive an eStatement, login to YourStatement
If you have not already registered, click REGISTER and complete the registration form. For RECEIVE A PAPER INVOICE, select NO.
If you are already registered at YourStatement, log in and select SETTINGS. Click CHANGE beside the RECEIVE A PAPER INVOICE option to NO.
What are MCTV's office hours and locations?
Visit the Contact Us page for our office hours and locations.
Can I install the cable modem myself?
No, we do not allow self-installations for our services. When our installers visit your business, they will make sure everything is installed properly and that the modem is receiving the correct signal levels.
Customers providing their own modem for Internet service will still need to schedule an installation.
I do not have cable TV service from MCTV. Can I still get your High-Speed Internet service?
Yes! You can have Internet service from MCTV without subscribing to other services. However, many customers find that they save money when bundling two or more products together so be sure to ask a representative about packaging your services.
Learn more about our High-Speed Internet packages.
What is a cable modem?
A cable modem is a device that connects your computer to the Internet using the same cable that supplies your cable TV service. A cable modem will not affect your television picture and you will be able to watch TV and use all other TV functions while using the Internet. Likewise, watching TV while using the Internet will not affect your Internet speeds.
What do I need to do if I install a new network card or wireless router?
You will need to reset the modem. You can reset the modem yourself by unplugging it from the power source for 20 seconds. You can also call our office at 330-833-4134/330-345-8114 to reset the modem.
How can I pay my bill?
You can pay your bill online, over the phone or in-person:
Online via YourStatement
Pay with your checking account
Call 330-833-4134 or 330-345-8114.
Pay via checking account or credit/debit card (Visa, Master Card, Discover)
*A $2.50 processing fee is applied to credit card payments taken over the phone.
Pay via check (do not send cash)
PO Box 1000
Massillon, OH 44648-1000
Pay via cash or check at any location. Credit/debit card payments accepted at MCTV offices only (Visa, Master Card, Discover)
Please bring the remittance potion of your bill when paying in person.
Allow up to 5 business days for payments made at these location (except our office) to be posted to your account)
Can I purchase a cable modem from MCTV or use my own modem?
A cable modem is required to use MCTV’s High-Speed Internet service. We believe the modem is an integral part of the service so we provide one free of charge. Many companies charge a monthly fee for cable modem equipment. MCTV does not.
MCTV provides a cable modem at no extra charge to all Internet customers. Providing equipment gives us much better insight into how the network and your service is performing and ensures that no harm comes to the network through use of external modems. We also provide free replacement, service and upgrades for MCTV-provided modems.
You can purchase and use your own modem. If you do, it is important to remember that you will be responsible for the repair, maintenance and replacement of the modem if it fails.
If you use your own modem and experience in-home problems, MCTV will not attempt to repair your modem. Instead, MCTV will provide an MCTV modem until you are able to repair or replace your own modem. You may, of course, choose to continue to use the MCTV-provided modem at no charge. Read more about customer-owned modems and approved modems.