Fiber Optic Cable Splicer
FULL-TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Location: MCTV - Wayne County Office
MCTV is seeking a Fiber Optic Cable Splicer for Wayne County.
- Candidate must have at least 5 years’ experience splicing all types of Fiber Optic Cables.
- Must be proficient using related equipment including fusion splicers, OTDR, optical power meters, fiber identifiers and all tools associated with splicing fiber.
- Must be able to read prints and have understanding of fiber optic distribution design.
- Must be willing to work in adverse weather conditions as well as heights up to 40ft.
- Must be able to lift up to 80lbs and have experience working in bucket trucks.
- Must have clean driving record.
- Must be a reliable self-starter willing to be a part of a team environment.
Normal Hours are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. Weekends, Evenings and Early morning hours may be required at times. On call for emergency restoration is required.
Duties include, but not limited to, the following:
- Fiber Optic Splicing Technician position will splice fiber optic cables in the air, underground, and indoors.
- The position will need to have attention to detail in regards to setting up splice locations, termination points, and general fiber optic construction.
- The position will also have experience fusing fiber optic cables in a production environment for small, to large projects.
- The position will test and troubleshot fiber optic networks for acceptance testing, trouble identification, and fiber characterization.
- Splicing work may be performed in a confined splice trailer or other space.
- The work may often be performed near busy city, state or federal streets and highways.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive pay based on experience and skill level.
- Benefits include employee and dependent health benefits, life insurance, profit sharing, supplemental insurance and vacations.
- All candidates will be required to submit to a drug test and background check.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: OCTOBER 17, 2016
SUMBIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME OR COMPLETED JOB APPLICATION IN CONFIDENCE TO:
PO Box 1000
Massillon, OH 44648-1000
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of the Company to afford equal opportunity in employment and business dealings to all qualified persons. No person or business shall be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex. To this end, the Company has established and will maintain and carry out a positive continuing program of specific practices designed to assure equal opportunity in every aspect of cable system employment policy and practice.
If you know of any female and/or minority owned businesses, so that we could use their products or services, please let us know.
If you would like to look at our EEO Public File, please visit www.MCTVOhio.com/eeo-filings or contact us at 330-833-4134 or 330-345-8114.