You can decide what shows and channels your family can access by using parental controls. Parental controls can be used to block channels completely, block programs by rating or block channels by time. You can also set up purchase controls (link to How do I prevent purchases of On Demand and pay-per-view titles?) to prevent unwanted On Demand or pay-per-view purchases.
- Press MENU and use the up/down arrows to navigate to PARENTAL CONTROLS
- Press SELECT or the left arrow
- At this point you will be asked to enter or create a PIN.
- If this is your first time using parental controls, you will be asked to enter the PIN twice
- Use the up/down arrows to navigate to LOCKING
- Use the left/right arrows to highlight ON
- Press the left arrow to go back one level
- Use the up/down arrows to select the type(s) of controls you wish to set up
- By rating. When locking ratings, all ratings higher than what you are blocking are automatically blocked. These can be unselected manually.
- By channel
- By time
- Once you are done setting up controls, press EXIT to return to TV
To unblock a channel or program:
- After trying to tune to that channel or program, press SELECT
- Use the up/down arrows to choose
- Unblock all channels
- Unblock this channel only
- Press SELECT
To relock a channel or program, press the ALL POWER button at the top of your remote. This will turn off the set-top box and reset parental controls. Press the ALL POWER button again to turn the box back on.